I like to draw animals. Whether it's anthropomorphic fun or creating informative illustrations and raising awareness about endangered species - I'm into it.
Obviously, the natural world is amazing, but it can also be gross and kind of hilarious. I hope that by getting people to laugh at their relationships with nature (humans' unreasonable fear of bats, for instance) I will also get them to care about wild creatures a little bit more.
Here are some interesting projects I've worked on:
- I co-founded The Endangered Species Print Project which raised over $15,000 for wildlife conservation.
- Illustrations for the first Endangered Species Condom Project which was profiled in The New York Times, featured on a billboard in Times Square, and won two Addy awards.
- Recent publications that include my work: the book City Creatures (published in 2015), Orion magazine (Winter 2017) and Prickly Pear Kids magazine (expected publication date Spring 2018)
- Recent exhibitions: Animal Umwelt at iMOCA Indianapolis Museum of Contemporary Art, City Creatures at Peggy Notebaert Nature Museum (Chicago), and Rare Nature also at Peggy Notebaert Nature Museum.
- Natural Resources Defense Council's On Earth blog
- Interview on the Eyes On Conservation podcast
- My guest post on the Peggy Notebaert Nature Museum blog
- BusinessWeek online
- Sierra Club
- Juxtapoz online
- MFA from the School of the Art Institute of Chicago
- BFA from the Corcoran College of Art & Design